SkyCraft Airplanes began production of their SD-1 Minisport on May 13, which will be available for order as an S-LSA starting in July. The SD-1 boasts impressive performance specs; with a 118 mph cruise speed, 1400 fpm climb rate, 39 mph stall speed, and 5 hours of endurance.
The price of the SD-1 is set at $54,850. This, combined with its impressive $12/hour operational cost (fuel, oil, and overhaul included) and removable wings, makes the SD-1 the most affordable LSA on the market.
In addition, every SkyCraft SD-1 Minisport comes fully equipped with the following standard features:
- Hirth F-23 Dual Ignition, Fuel Injected Engine (1000 hour TBO)
- Dynon Glass Panel (GPS, synthetic flight, collision avoidance)
- Integrated Dynon COM Radio (2 channel monitoring, GPS based frequency)
- Digital Instrument Panel
- Fuel and Power Management Systems
- Emergency Locator Transmitter
- Navigation and Landing Lights
- Black Leather Seat
Customers can also select from the following options:
- Tri-Gear or Taildragger Configurations
- Optional Mode S Transponder
- Optional Ballistic Parachute
SkyCraft will have both Tri-Gear and Taildragger configurations on display this July at Oshkosh Airventure. This will be the first public appearance of their completed airplanes. SkyCraft will be located in booths 92 and 93.